My kitchen strip light has stopped working. I've replaced with
known working starters and known working tubes from other
known working lights, and it doesn't come on. Symptoms are the
starter will occasionally spark, and when the starter sparks
the tube will occasionally try to strike, eventually, lighting
if I turn the wall switch on and off many times. This morning
I counted and got to 50 on/offs at one second intervals before
the tube struck and stayed on.
Is this a dead fitting? Dead ballast? Dead something-else? From
previous threads it would appear to be cheaper to replace the
fitting than to try and replace the ballast. I think it was
new in the mid-1990s.
- posted 7 months ago