Dead fluorescent fitting?

I did, then for some reason you insisted on trolling.

Reply to
tabbypurr
[snip]

But only if you can get the same light output. I wasn't able to find a LED tube for my 6ft fitting that would give the same output as the original fluorescent.

It was a case of 6200 lumens for a 6ft fluorescent compared to 3000 to

4000 for a LED.
Reply to
Mike Clarke

I'm sure there are situations where you do need every lumen the tube produced. I don't see that often though.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Then simply accept that others ain't willing to put up with a poorer light just to save a few pennies in running costs.

I'd have little to complain about if both LEDs and the CFLs before them were honest about their equivalent light output.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you are considering an open baton with no diffusers then the LED tube is not far off the florescent at FFL as it it illuminated only on one side. Again I am only swapping them when the fluorescents are dirty and old.

My brothers garage has some wall mounted fluorescents with reflectors. He asked me about getting some new tubes on my account. I suggested he wiped them down with a damp cloth as they were not that old.

Reply to
ARW

Wouldn't it also depend on the ceiling colour? If the fitting is mounted on the ceiling rather than suspended?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Less lumens but the LED light doesn't bounce off reflectors, causing much of fl tubes' output to disappear before being useful.

LEDs are mostly ok in that respect afaik, just don't buy from banggood etc. CFLs don't come into the comparison between linear fl & LED.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Is it TLC that has LED tubes that are 300 deg round and >100lm/W?

Reply to
PeterC

And therefore may not spread across the working area properly either.

Whole idea of a florry type of light is to give even lighting in the room.

Have you ever seen an LED car headlight with no reflector? They are the usual way to control a beam spread with any type of light source.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

cobblers

cobblers. What's new.

LEDs have built-in miniature reflectors of course. The lack of an airgap removes repeated passage through a layer of dirt

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Now I've had time to look:

sure what "LED Fluorescent Tubes" are, though.

Reply to
PeterC