OT - PDF converter/editor

Also Cute PDF, even more reliable IME

Reply to
newshound

pdfsam lets you split a PDF into smaller pieces or merge several into one document. Probably better than converting into graphics.

Reentrant

The snipping app in Win 7 allows you to capture just any part of the frame in one go. As does the one in my 20 year old Acorn. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Search though I may, I cannot find the snipping tool on my system (Win

7, V6.1, build 7601, SP1, 32 bit). If it's there, can you tell me how to activate it, pls?
Reply to
Chris Hogg

save pdf .... open then do a screen grab and then cut out part you need with 'paint'

Simple

Reply to
rick

It appears not to be in every version. I have Win7 Home Premium. I'd guess there will be free alternatives, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah. I was assuming that PDF files contained enough information to open them again and edit them with the paid for Adobe tools. I wasn't really thinking of them as basically a print to disc similar to a scan of a page, otherwise I would have treated it like a photo to crop.

Thanks for all the responses.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

If you are running Win 7 or 8, the new "snipping" tool is even more convenient: copy, crop, and save to JPG in one go.

Reply to
newshound

Have you actually tried going to Start and typing s, n, i, p, ... ?

Reply to
polygonum

No - I just simply looked at my notebook with has Win7 starter - and it's not there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's OK, I've found it now. start > all programs > accessories > snipping tool, although polygonum's suggestion also brings it up.

(I'm a refugee from XP, so still learning!)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Ah - right. I'd have said but assumed you'd looked in accessories. Which prompted me to look at the basic version in my notebook.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't think I have ever touched Windows 7 Starter - indeed, I tend to forget it even exists. Sorry about that.

Reply to
polygonum

The notebook is only really used for in car stuff - like logging or tuning etc the Megasquirt in the old Rover. And even with a basic version of Win7 it takes ages to boot. It would probably make more sense to use linux.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

PDFTK Builder Portable is what I use.

Ian Jackson