Honeywell CM927 pdf

Installing a CM927 Wireless progstat the other day I thought it would be
useful to have a copy of the installation manual (since I'd be leaving the
one that came with it with the customer).
So, off I went to Honeywell's wibble ...
Their home page
trumpets the
'900 series (but has a broken-graphic icon where a picture of it should
be - not a good start). However their INSTALLATION AND USER GUIDES page
at
only lists the CM67
range!
So I emailed them ( snipped-for-privacy@honeywell.com) and they sent me a PDF
... containing a very grotty scan of the manual, 10 times the file size of
the CM67 PDF! Emailed them back asking for a proper PDF but got the reply
"Im afraid that is the only copy we have".
What's going on with Honeywell? Are they having serious problems in the IT
and/or clue departments? Anyone come across a real PDF for this device?
Reply to
John Stumbles
Will this suffice?
(Found via a Google search so don't know how to navigate there via Honeywell's site, if it's even possible)
Mathew
Reply to
Mathew Newton
It will - thanks!
It is navigable from their europe site, but their UK site seems to be a dog's dinner. Sorry: should have STFWed for myself :-)
It's not the same as the leaflet that came with the 'stat, but the contents are all there, just in colour and in a different arrangement.
Reply to
John Stumbles
What's your opinion of the CM927? The previous owner of my house had not had a roomstat fitted so I'm thinking of buying the CM927.
Reply to
AT
My sister had a CM927 fitted when they put gas in. It has optimization, but it does not have the very handy "party mode" and "holiday mode" options which are on my CM67. On the other hand, the nice backlit LCD is easier to read.
Googling, it looks like Honeywell say the CM927 *does* have both of those modes. I guess there are different types of CM927, so watch out for that.
Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq
Does she definitely have the CM927? It has certainly been a function on the few I have installed.
Reply to
TD
I installed one on my house a couple of weeks ago. I find it excellent. It's very good at holding a steady temperature. The optimisation idea is really good, as are the "party" and "holiday" modes (which allow you to depart from the usual programme for either hours or days). It also has a "day-off" mode which makes it run the Sunday programme for one day if you're at home during the week. Being able to move the thing from room to room is great too - you don't have to agonise too much over where the optimal location will be for the wiring, and you can make sure that wherever you happen to be in the house is at the required temperature. All-in-all the idea of progamming the system by time AND temperature makes perfect sense - it's intuitively how you need the system to operate. Previously I'd struggled on for a couple of years with just a time clock and TRVs on the rads, so this is a whole lot better and hopefully will save me a few bob off my gas bill.
Reply to
Martin Pentreath
I tend to fit them as they're the least awful progstats I've tried to program. Even so you need a bit of thought to set them up usefully.
Reply to
John Stumbles
I just set up a 907 (which I think is the same, only it's wired) and think I am doing OK with respect to comfort (but cannot monitor efficiency, as I did not keep records from the previous thermostat). What is tricky?
Thanks!
Kostas
Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis
If you want fewer than 6 transition points during the day what do you do with the others? And when you manually bump the temperature up or down how long does the change last? Takes a bit of thought to choose useful transition points. Say someone is up after the transition to a low night-time temperature and therefore they push the temperature back up: I want another transition that'll reset it to the night-time temperature later, in case They forget to put it back manually. So if my night-time temperature starts at midnight I might have another transition point (set to the same night-time temp) at 2am.
Reply to
John Stumbles
Heh.. I like that idea.
I've 'hidden' my unusued transition points as they weren't required however maybe I'll look at including them to automatically 'fight back' when the other half manually ups the temperature!!
Mathew
Reply to
Mathew Newton
While in PROG mode, press the I button for 2 seconds and they disappear.
If you are still on Auto, until the next transition point. (I have not read the manual, how am I doing? :-)).
Assuming that they have not used the Party function (which should be a favour-yielding offence :-)) and that they have not gone into Manual, at some point you will go back to normal. Assuming an odd occurrence, it doesn't matter much, does it?
You can do that and I would certainly do that if cranking up the heating in the middle of the night was a regular occurrence. Or you can show them how the (excellent) Party function works.
Kostas
Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis
I think you have completely missed John's point.
Now, would you like a biscuit or a medal for your programming achievements? ;-)
Mathew
Reply to
Mathew Newton
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:11:17 GMT John Stumbles wrote :
I always use the party for this: two hours at 21C or whatever (likewise if I have go out but a low temp)
Reply to
Tony Bryer
My bad. I thought that only worked if you remembered to hit the party button before it had made the transition to the lower night-time temperature (and it's inevitably when it's started to cool down you notice and want to rectify it). I think that's how the CM67 worked, but with the CM900 series you can set the party temperature as well. RTFM :-)
Reply to
John Stumbles

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in