Honeywell CM927 - Multiple units and binding to a single boiler relay

Hi all,

Judging by GoogleGroups, there's a bit of installer expertise here :)

Looking at Honeywell's CM927 4-zone wireless programmer/stat for the new house.

I'd like to employ 3 units giving me a zone per room with a bit of spare. So the question that none of Honeywells downloadable manuals seem to answer is:

Can an HC60NG boiler relay receiver unit be bound or associated with 3 CM927s? Or am I going to need 3 HC60NG "ORed" together?

In which case it's jacking the price up.

The manual does answer the inverse question, in that it says that multiple HC60NG relays can be bound to a zone which itself is useful as in 3 cases I need to power either a valve or a pump for a fan convector and upto two sets of UFH (not enough to justify a fancy manifold system really). The rest of the zones will be HR80 wireless rad valves.

It looks like a nice system.

Cheers + TIA

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

4-zone wireless progstat? Unless they've changed something recently the 927 is a single zone progstat which can be used to build multiple zone controls.

Unless they've radiaclly changed things under the hood you're going to need 3 OR-ed together.

Indeed :-|

Sounds like an expensive alternative to driving a relay from a single HC60NG :-/

It's not bad, but having messed around with them for a while I think it's crying out for an ability to link it (Wi-Fi/bluetooth?) to something with a bit more IQ.

Reply to
YAPH

YAPH coughed up some electrons that declared:

Oh bollocks. I know how I came to the incorrect conclusion:

The spec sheet says: "CM927 can be used to control a zoning system with up to 4 zones"

However, the CM67z can do 2 zones, provided Zone 2 is handled by HR80's which have their own sensor. I saw "4", assumed the CM927 was a fancy replacement for the CM67 and interpolated :(

So it seems a little less than useful for me.

4 CM67's would seem to do the job ( 8 zones is really enough ) and the manual does mention binding upto 4[1] to a single HC60NG (plus an extra HC60NG on Zone 1 of each if desired to operate valves/pumps for that zone only).

Based on the application examples here:

That snippet was gleaned from the CM67RFMV datasheet - what's the difference between that and the CM67z - I'm really having trouble with Honeywell's website and quasi-random part numbers(!)

But thanks - that saved a painful wallet bruising with an expensive mistake!

Slight misunderstanding - I need one HC60 to respond to Zone 1 only and the other to respond to either zone.

I think the end peripherals at nice - eg the HR80's, HCU23 and HC60NG. What I love is a "dumb" transmitter with an RS232 link that I could interface the lot from a little embedded system.

I work with people who hack digital RF comms in the 868MHz band all day for a living, but alas we're all too busy right now to try to reverse engineer the RF protocols.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S