Honeywell Fan control units

Fan shutoff unit is not working properly but I cant figure out how to remove the wires from the control unit(honeywell) Have to get it out to determine if there is another in town as the piece that goes into the furnace can be different lengths... -30 tonight and don't want to just cut the wires as there is not enough left to strip them again and re-install..... any ideas anyone...

Reply to
Peter

Look closely, should be a small slot next to where the wire goes in where you can insert a tiny tool (jeweler's screwdriver?) to release the wire.

If you get a new control, pay attention to the jumper that may be factory installed; you may or may not need it and if you get it wrong the controls can be damaged. Read the directions...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Probably just needs adjusting and not replacement.

You screw it up when you change it out, then you won't have any fan at all (which means no heat).

If the problem is the fan never shutting off, I'd live with it for while. It's not like it's going to make your electric bill skyrocket. A lot of people run their fans 24/7 for filtration purposes.

But don't let that stop you from your parts changing mission! Replace the thermostat too! You never know when that "auto"/"on" switch on IT will go bad and make the fan run all the time.......

Reply to
Red Neckerson

This is Turtle.

Hey I have had two this week that when your not looking the auto / on fan switch will jump over to on and they call me to come see why. I just put a piece of tape over it and it never jumps on by it'self anymore. Years ago I have one lady that called me atleast 2 or 3 times a year about the jumping auto / on fan switch just jumping over to on with no one around. She told me she wanted the fan to not jump over there any more. I said yes mam, I can do that. I broke the lever off to the fan switch and never got called again about this.

Have you had any fan switch jumpers lately ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE