OT: Mystery device

Zephirum wrote:

Better go back and take a proper photo and repost.
On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 4:39:25 AM UTC+1, F Murtz wrote:

Try this.
https://goo.gl/maps/g4xNiihEXe92

Still doesn’t give a very good view of what its disconnecting when triggered.

Or this, taken May 2014 when the sun was in a better position. https://goo.gl/maps/XELEP3jmyQ52
--
Dave W

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 8:23:46 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

as already suggested, a 3-weight tensioner for the electric cables to compensate thermal expansion. The ones we have round here look more like weight lifter's circular discs.

And as already said, nope. ;-)
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 12/10/2016 20:23, Tim+ wrote:

Looks like a Overhead line tensioner to me ........ you see modern version on electrified train lines.

Given that I've already said that it's physically unconnected to the lines behind and specifically said that it's NOT an overhead line tensioner twice, I'm puzzled by your suggestion.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

escribió:

Some people (including me) reply to a specific post before reading the entire thread. It's not deliberately being done to annoy you.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:03:05 +0100 (GMT+01:00), jim <k> wrote:

It will be part of a setup that will also automatically be turning the railway signals to the stop indication so hopefully no train will come along and hit an aircraft or wreckage of one that has encroached upon the track, Gatwick has a similar system even though the trains there are powered by 3rd rails about a foot above the ground. A couple of other airports also have railway signals activated by tripwire systems, Southend and Manchester have them . The systems primary purpose are to stop trains , a diesel powered one could come barreling along even if the power has been disconnected.
So somewhere the system will be connected to the power supply control but there won't be a big switch pulled to off by the tripwire directly.
G.Harman