trouble with a French bank: advice?

An elderly relative planned to live in France but the plan failed, for reasons that are irrelevant here. He had deposited E10,000 in Bank Agricole when his plan fell through. Three months ago he asked for the money to be transferred to his English bank. Despite repeated requests he is getting nowhere. The bank seems to ignoring him, or stonewalling him.

Is there any organisation in the UK or France he can take this problem to?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Zephirum

If he transferred the money from a UK bank by credit transfer could he not ask said UK bank for help?

This organisation

are part of CA Normandie, and as they are London based (I think) and English speaking maybe they could help?

Reply to
Woody

I don't know about that but often Frenchorganisations hate to be written to in English or any other language than French. If it a branch issue, its a good idea to find somebody like a local Mayor and get well in with him as they can be surprisingly useful for oiling the wheels of commerce. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Does the bank have on-line banking? If id does, sign up for that. He might have to wait for the snail mail confirmation codes etc but once its all setup he should be able to transfer the money out himself.

Alan

Reply to
AlanC