OT Mumsnet must be well informed

Just had the Scarborough warning off my Mum about damaging the bedroom carpet in Filey.

Reply to
ARW

Does your mum read all your Usenet posts or just the ones about her?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My Mum does not use the internet.

Reply to
ARW

Does your fiance read (some of) your Usenet posts? Clever woman may have seen it as a way to earn favour with future MiL - and learn from a woman who's had practice in managing you :)

Reply to
Robin

Certainly cleverer than Paul-the-former-neighbour

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Certainly cleverer than Paul-the-former-neighbour

I wonder if he is still in prison?

Reply to
ARW

Well my parents only found out that she was my fiancee a few weeks ago at my Dad's 70th Birthday party.

I had announced the engagement on facebook and it's not my fault that they don't have facebook accounts. Mum had a face like thunder when she found out about the engagement. But she was also complaining about me managing to get mud on my trousers at a 70th birthday things like "it's like having a 6 year old to look after, it's time you grew up"

Trust me, my fiancee and my Mum hate each other.

Reply to
ARW

Seems someone else is at work then..... ex?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

In article , ARW scribeth thus

Bodes well for the happy and harmonious marriage;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

ARW put finger to keyboard:

So your Dad should like her then :-)