how noisy is a gas combi

Thinking of replacing oil boiler in garage with a gas combined in the airing cupboard. The airing cupboard is in the middle of the house up stairs and I was wondering how noisy are they in operation as two bedrooms are beside the airing cupboard.

Reply to
curious

Ours is in the airing cupboard and we barely hear it in the bathroom and certainly not in any of the adjacent rooms.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

My bed headboard would be the other side of the brick wall of the airing cupboard the other walls are plasterboard.

Reply to
curious

My place is a bungalow the other side of the block wall that the boiler is on is the lounge and I can never hear it. On the bathroom side there is just a thin veneered chipboard door and you can just about hear the boiler fire up.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I could hear the little whumph when it started up, but less noisy than my mother snoring like a piglet through two block walls.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

boilers will be quieter on a solid brick wall than on a stud partition wall as the wood studs and plasterboard vibrate in sympathy with the boiler...........

Reply to
Stephen

On our WB the fan noise is rather high pitched. Got on our nerves to start with but we got used to it. Don't think I'd want to be sleeping near it though

Reply to
stuart noble