OT(ish) - toilet pan design

In my case it isn't a flat surface to crap on; I have seen these mainly in the USA with a "wash across" rather than a "wash down". Although my Granny did have an outside toilet of this design, probably pre-1900, which was a work of art.

I seem to be able to crap down into the water, just not always flush the results completely.

I don't think it is a stool consistency issue as such because my observations are based on me crapping in various toilets around the country. Some flush clean. some don't.

Then again I may have a non-standard arse. :-)

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Oh, horrible! . Chocolate, I assume (I hope!). I imagine it was made by the nursing staff in the colo-rectal department of a hospital, possibly for the benefit of the senior proctologist!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I would think it was rather crude Photoshopping (other image manipulation programs are available) of the Bristol Stool Chart, which is freely available online.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I googled to see if I could find where it originally came from, unsuccessfully. It's surprising how many 'cake' versions of the chart are out there, including one that said 'happy birthday daddy'.

Chris Hogg

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Interesting as I am in the market for 3 new ones! Of the 5 fitted in the current house, skid marks appear related to the quality of the glaze rather than shape/cost of the bowl.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Been in current house since 1988 and we do not even own a toilet brush - they seem digusting things. In the event of a mark then a driblle of Domestos soon makes it go,

Reply to
DerbyBorn

The toilet seat needs moving. You can buy adjustable hinges to do this if they aren't already fitted.

Reply to
harry

Huh.

I was quite excited (well, moderately anticipatory) when I saw Tai Bach Y B yd on the Welsh TV channel. "Little Houses of the World". I though it would be something like George Clarke's series on small buildings but with a mor e international flavour.

I was mistaken, and some of you may be ahead of me at this point.

On watching it, it became apparent that it was about what in Welsh is calle d (politely) the Ty Bach ("Little House") or (less politely) the Ty Cachi ( "Shit House") and featured a variety of lavatorial arrangements from around the world. The programme or segment I inadvertently dipped into, err I mea n saw, (for about 5 minutes) was about the toilets in Bangladesh, many of w hich have neither flush nor U-bends. Quite, quite, quite disgusting.

Mr Parry's tale of smoking in a communal latrine in Herefordshire is tame b y comparison.

Why S4C thought that anyone would want to watch close ups of Bangladesh's c rapping arrangements at any time, let alone Christmas, is completely beyond me. Perhaps it was intended as a purgative for anyone who hadn't already l ost their stomach contents over the vomit-inducing syrupyness of the little children singing songs about Jesus.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The French used to use a 'squat toilet'. Still found in some of the rural parts in the far SW of the country, at least they were in the

1970's.
Revolting things.
Reply to
Chris Hogg

Just chuck a few sheets of toilet tissue down before taking a dump. No skid marks. This also removes the need for a toilet brush with bits of shit on it sat by the toilet.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Aha! Otherwise known as "The long drop". It takes a bit of faith that "things" will fall clear of clothing but I got to quite like them, but I never tried one after a curry. :-O) A pal worked in the UAE for a while and got to like the "hose pipe and hand" method but I even balk at having to put the paper in a bin in some parts of the world, rather than down the bog.

Reply to
nothanks

a 'flush and rush'

Reply to
DJC

A mate took a job with BMW in Germany in the 70's just because he fancied living there for a while and learning German.

A constant problem in the factory was the Turkish Gastarbeiter trying to use the German style toilets as squat ones and standing on the seats resulting in broken seats or seats covered in shitty footprints as the mess went everywhere.

Used correctly and kept clean I believe a squat toilet is supposedly better anatomically for the body to eject its waste but the French ones rarely were . Possibly why they think Saniflos are wonderful.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg