OT Inside the cockpit with Svetlana Kapanina. Aerobatics Video.

I bet this is very sickmaking for those who can see. I once saw a similar type of thing from some woman piloting one of those pitts special thingies. I think the gut wrenching bit was the vertical climb, stall and then sudden nose down manoeuvre. Bit like a rolller coaster only worse. I don't know how it was done as it was in one of those circularama shows where you all sat cross legged on the floor. Most weird. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

It's not particularly nauseating to watch, you'd imagine acrobatic flying would be one of those things you'd only do if you love doing it, now I daresay there's a lot of concentration required, but she didn't show any sign of enjoying herself, she did crack a brief smile as she waved to the camera once ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

At that level of competition its not enjoyable. Its very very hard skilled work and 110% concentration. . Does Andy Murray smile when playing a rally?

Look at the precision of her snap rolls. Millisecond timing, and there are times when she needs both hands top force the joystick where it doesn't want to go.

That's one tough competitor.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It isn't actually sickmaking because the camera is inside the plane, always showing the same view of the pilot in the same place. The only way you know anything is happening is by watching the ground rotating in the background. I think you'd have got a much better idea of the aerobatics from a ground-based camera.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Reply to
Davey