OT: IE9 and mail clients

Does anyone here know how I can set up my mail client to hotmail in IE9.

Previous versions of explorer would do it, but I can't find the option in 9.

Ta

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Not sure what you are after here. I never found a way to put any email client in IE8 either, one just launches it from a shortcut usually. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Took me a few seconds of wondering what he meant ... I presume he means that clicking on a mailto: link in IE9 doesn't launch his mail client?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Unless you configure it to have a mail client it says something like "cannot perform this action as no mail client configured"

In earlier versions of IE, somewhere in the configuration options (under "programs") it is possible to select hotmail instead. And then clicking on mailto links opened up a new web page the with hotmail send page opened.

But for IE9 I can only find a way to configure "real" applications as mail clients, but as I don't use a mail account that uses a real mail client this is of no use to me

(yes I know that I can configure hotmail to be accessible via "live" mail, but I don't like that, so I don't do it)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I think IE9 just uses the default programs set in control panel.

Reply to
dennis