OT Government caugth fiddling deficit figures

Deficit is twice as big as government admits.

Reply to
harryagain

It is a discussion about accounting systems. When I was studying economics, as an exercise, we used different models and were able to prove both that the national debt did not exist and that it was twice what government figures showed.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Maybe you should take a stab at GW

Reply to
stuart noble

I was just going to say that too!

Reply to
newshound

The IPCC have already proved themselves the masters at fudging those figures.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

They have always massaged figures with obtuse non real world weighting. I mean look at the unemployment figures. Yes more people have jobs but fewer people have jobs that pay well enough to live on as they tend to be part time or shared jobs. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sadly those one owes money to, will not except the lower figure.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So what? Inflation's about 3 times higher than the "official figures" so I take anything and everything the government claims with a pinch of salt; especially if it's to do with climate change!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom