OT Google and Amazon

I have noticed that Google Maps have started identifying house numbers exactly, rather than approximately, and it appears that some Google drivers are using routing software that takes advantage of it, or something like it. I say this because some drivers have started coming directly to my front door, instead of via the post code centre, which results in them arriving next door. (There are bollards between my house and next door, which causes some confusion because they are not visible from a distance.

Driving down the M69 the other day and noticed a new Amazon depot on the A5 next to the Hinckley Island Hotel. It's probably been there a while but it was the first time I'd been on the M69 for a couple of years. Recent Amazon deliveries to Leicester have been coming from Northampton, even though the Copt Oak depot is only 10 miles away, and somtimes goods have originated from there.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Noticed that too, a year or two back they went via Nottingham rather than Northampton.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Where abouts have you seen this? Most delivery drivers from well known delivery companies find my house without difficulty. I wish Tesco delivery drivers had equipment which showed exactly where my house is. Every delivery is by a different driver.

Reply to
Michael Chare

House numbers on Google Maps, like I said. I was describing a situation as it applies to me, having noticed a change in delivery driver behaviour.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

There were section of this village that had house numbers and accurate building outlines, but my road didn't, but now they've completed the village, but the street car images haven't been updated for a couple of years, so don't think it's that.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'm pretty sure that 10+ years ago MultiMap would provide street numbers on their maps, then turned the feature off and made it a Pay-feature.

Reply to
Fredxx

My village is wildly out - my house about 20 numbers wrong. According to GM there's a medical practice in the village - it's actually 2 miles away!

Reply to
PeterC