Amazon service --poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to order from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week. Since Amazon took over the service has been shitty. This may be the last time I order from them.

Reply to
Dave

Once. I called them and they shipped it overnight for free for my inconvenience.

Reply to
rickluce

Call Amazon to stuff it and order it from the originators of the Tool Crib, Acme Electric. 1-800-732-4287 I buy from them often, great guys. I am lucky enough to have a store just a couple miles from me. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

In my experience with tools from Amazon, if the item says "usually ships within 24 hours" it is fine, but if it says anything else ("may take 1-2 weeks", etc.), that really means it may take forever. Andy

Reply to
Andy

I've always had excellent service from them.

Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

I have ordered from them maybe a dozen times; always with the free freight they warn you might take a while. I think it once took two weeks, but most have been under a week. Their prices aren't as good as they were a year ago, but their service is okay.

Reply to
Toller

NEVER! we order all sorts of stuff from Amazon. Only problem has been shipping damage. They have an 800 number to call for customer service.

Dave

Reply to
David

Amazon has been great for me. Quite the oppsite of your experience.

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Never Enough Money

"Toller" wrote in news:hA8lf.489$OU3.457 @news01.roc.ny:

service is

My most recent order was for a couple of books that ended up costing like $23.50 or so. In order to get free shipping I added to 4" hose clamps ($.99 each) to the deal. Three weeks later TWO fairly large boxes appeared on my door step, each holding a single hose clamp and a huge wad of those air bag things. The books arrived almost a week later-- 29 days after I ordered them. I've been ordering from Amazon regularly since about 1998 and lately the prices and service have gone to hell. But this really took the cake...they must have spend at least five bucks on each of those boxes (postage, packing, labor, materials) to send me two $.99 clamps.

-kiwanda

Reply to
Kiwanda

I track packages online. I'd have called somebody within a week if my stuff was a no-show. did you call?

Dave

Reply to
David

Yes I called and they said they would ship me the router by air /next day delivery. I have been waiting a week now and the next day has never arrived yet. Maybe Amazon is in a timewarp.

Reply to
Dave

I only order form them if I don't need it fast. However, their service is as they promise.

Dave

TeamCasa

Reply to
Connor Aston

Coastal Tool is also a good bet:

Reply to
B a r r y

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:47:27 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor qualm, "Connor Aston" quickly quoth:

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've been shopping with them since about 1998-9 and haven't ever had problems with them getting the items out the door on time, when it's an item sold and shipped by Amazon. I tend to avoid buying anything on Amazon that isn't sold by them though as I have had problems when trying to buy from other companies they act as a storefront for.

Come to think of it, I've started buying less from them now that their searchs turn up so much crap sold by third parties through Amazon...but when I do order, Amazon seems to handle their side of things very well.

UPS on the other hand is a different story... A couple weeks ago I ordered a cheap Wilton/Columbian bench vise [1] and Amazon had it to UPS later that day. According the UPS package tracking dealy it sat in Cincinatti for 3 days before making it's way to Houston. Pretty much every time I've had anything shipped by UPS where delivery estimates are a range, like 3-5 days, they always sit on it long enough to just make their deadline, never the earlier of the two estimates. I don't like UPS at all. I have the same UPS irritations when I order from Lee Valley too.

Interestingly, when I was still living in Anchorage I'd get packages from Amazon shipped USPS priority faster than I get UPS packages down here in the lower 48. Much faster. Back at one point in time Amazon used to let you choose your carrier instead of just picking your shipping priority but I've noticed they've stopped doing that. Which I find irritating since I've always recieved better service from the good ole USPS than I ever do from one of the commercial carriers...

Anyway, enough bitching for now...

Cheers,

Josh

-------------- [1] kinda crappy Chinese import but servicable for my immediate needs, I'll get my $20 out of it before upgrading I'm sure.

Reply to
FunkySpaceCowboy

Reply to
rickluce

I ordered a PC dovetail jig from them last week. Even with the free shipping it was delivered in 3 days. I have always had excellent luck with them.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

I think UPS is trying to force people to use overnight, two day, or three day service if they need faster service.

If ground almost always delivered overnight or in two days, why would anyone pay for the more expensive service unless they needed a guarantee?

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Can't speak for "any" but I don't. I had one item that came in after three days, not two days, and I sent an e-mail letting them know. They e-mailed me an apology and a $5 gift e-coupon.

Ricky

Reply to
Ricky Robbins