Siphonic bomb.

It does not look badly distorted, but no vacuum. Is it worth trying some silicone to seal it? They aren't that easy to find, except online, and I'm not sure about variations & fit.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well, I siliconed it. Cleaned the porcelain mating surface as best as possible, and the bomb's, ran a bead of silicone under the bomb, put it all back together carefully, using a couple of pencils (!) as temporary spacers under the steel plate to hold the tank up until all was lined up, then let it down the last 1/4" (6.35mm) most carefully and slowly. Now I'll let it go off for a couple of days then test it.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Has the bomb gone off yet?

Reply to
Chris Holmes

Ah! I have not tried it yet. Mañana, I will prime the cistern and discharge it. The silicone sealant should have had plenty of time to go off by now. I will try to remember to report.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well, it seems to work. It's not quite as good a flus has I'd like (the level in the bowl stays about constant until the end of the flush) but it does work.

I ordered another washer online, just in case it comes in handy. Bloomin' expensive, £7.6x delivered.

Unsure why the washer needs to be that shape. As far as I can tell, the vacuum is created by the flow of water within the aspirator, and the washer just distributes it reasonably evenly all around (because of its domed shape) so tt feeds the outlets in the rim at the same rate all around.

Reply to
Chris Bacon