Cleaned out the loft

Cough, Splutter

But I tidied up my cable stash and found a new 25 metre reel of 2.5mm SWA marked J A C, Unit 38 Middlemore Road, Smethwick.

Google doesn't seem to come up with anything and at that address is now Schneider Electrical.

I can't even remember buying it, so must be at least 25 years ago.

Also found a 26 metre coil of 7-core foil-shielded signal cable with another stranded steel wire outside the foil. This I do remember buying at GWM Radio in Worthing and they have been gone for over 20 years.

It has a label showing <-antenna CDU-> and marked 19360-99 Rev "0". Seems a shame to discard it.

Reply to
Andrew

Red and black, the *proper* colours :-)

Reply to
newshound

If the ends were sealed and it has not gone brittle with age then its probably ok for use. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Worth a small fortune* on ebay.

  • Fortune may not be visible to the naked eye.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

25 years is nothing for PVC at ambient temperature. And why would sealing matter? The working cables in the loft are not.
Reply to
newshound

As is the rest of cable stash in the loft :-). 3 @ 10 metre coils of 10mm T&E marked down to 50p in Wickes, plus a 100metre reel of 1mm T&E and 50meters of 2.5 T&E.

I went round all the Wickes and B&Q's within a 50 mile radius of where I live in January 2005 and picked up loads of old-colour cable bargains.

Reply to
Andrew

It's still inside its shrink-wrapped packaging.

Reply to
Andrew