Cable - pricing up

Background: Companies delivers lots of things, one of which is some alarm cable. Company send wrong cable. Company still hasn't realised two months on. Company have been utter bastards about other issues - me selling alarm cable. This company has messed me round so much, that I've no moral problems selling it. (so spare any lectures folks!)

I *had* ordered 100 metres of 4 core alarm cable

What arrived was 8 core, and in a drum. I'm told by the alarm installer that it's between 1km and a mile in length.

I just weighed the drum and cable, and it's 17kg. There are no labels on the drum. The drum is plastic

I can find new prices for this cable from the company's (see above) website. what i need to know is

- based on weight, how much cable is there likely to be?

- how much is the resale value, if anything?

Reply to
NorwichLad

Well, they've either gone bust, or they forgot to pay for their hostname domain renewal ;-)

500m is a common size, and I suspect that's most likely length for that weight.

New price is going to be £40-£50 probably, unless it's something special like LSF. I think you'd be lucky to get more than half that, including P&P (since anyone who buys it on an account doesn't pay P&P anyway), after which you might be left with £10.

I have 100m real of 20 pair phone cable, minus 20 or so metres I used. Much as I hate the thought, I suspect it's going into the dustbin as the amount I would be likely to make isn't worth the effort.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Bang it eBay with buyer to pay carriage or arrange collection. You'd be suprised. Don't put a reserve on, get a mate to place a bid of your minimum on the penultimate day.

Reply to
Toby

"Toby" wrote in news:nXWTa.592 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net:

Which is, of course, completely against the trading rules you will have agreed to abide by. It's also completely pointless, because if your mate ends up winning, you don't get a sale. If you set a reserve, or a minimum starting figure, and it's not met, you end up in exactly the same position but you won't have to pay ebay for the con sale to your mate. So you actually lose less.

Why try to look for a con?

Reply to
Danny Monaghan