Which one of you ...

... has nicked my large straight-blade red-handled screwdriver?

OTOH, I did find my soft-headed hammer I lost ~3 years ago.

It was on the roof.

Reply to
Huge

If you find out, I would like back the three I am missing.

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , Nightjar

Reply to
fred

Reply to
Davey

In article , Davey writes

Reply to
fred

I expect Stanley has nicked it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I found a pair of pliers I lost about 5 years ago on the top of a tall bookcase in my parents' house. Had been using it to pull ethernet cable through behind the coving.

My brother had his roof redone a year ago. I helped out a bit when I had spare moments. I noticed the roofers using a small red spirit level like one I used to have. Later it came up in conversation, and they said they found it on the roof. Yes, I might have used it up there a couple of years before!

It was a freebie which came with a screwfix order many years before - probably cost peanuts, but was just the right size to be incredibly useful, when you don't need a long one.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reminds me of a little pink toolset Woolworths had in stock the Christmas it folded. It was a toolset for women. The hammer had a short shank so it could easily be carried in a small bag, and a giant flat head, so you couldn't miss a nail. Didn't seem to sell too well...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , fred writes

It's a very long story, but, when I'm on site I carry the tools I need for the particular job in a pink flowery patterned handbag. I get a few odd looks but it never goes missing and everyone knows who it belongs to!

Reply to
Bill

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

This could turn into a "what tool can you not do without" thread.

I have a small blue, not pink, flat bladed screw driver, great for PCB mounted screw terminals that I was given in a tool kit by an employer in

1974 It is all that is left of the kit and I lose it occasionally, but it always gets found again. There is something about the way it feels that is just right!
Reply to
Bill

Still got mine!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Not DIY but I lost a pair of reading glasses one day - not sure where. A week later, on my next visit to my mother in the lounge of her nursing home, I spotted them being worn by the woman in the next chair (reading a magazine). I'd obviously left them somewhere in the home.

Anyway I told this lady how nice her new glasses looked (!) and she said they were really good and she was really enjoying reading again.

I said nothing and they were only a cheap pair anyway.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Same tart who nicked my tape measure and then nicked the one I bought to replace it with on Friday.

Just a good job they are only £1.25 at the convenience store just down the road. Worth every penny as long as you keep your fingers out of the way when retracting.

Reply to
R D S

My most useful freebie (not lost) is an Anglia Components plastic vernier and depth gauge. Never seen another one in the last 20 years or I'd have bought a few for gifts.

Reply to
Capitol

Yes, I still have one of the plastic Screwfix levels, and still use it. I also have a plastic vernier caliper given away by Anglia Components many years ago, hey it does the job ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Heh, I should have read ahead ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

For when very near is close enough . . . .

Reply to
fred

Any bastard that steals my left-handed tape measure is in for severe punishment.

(No, the left handed tape isn't a joke. Although right-handed, I do a number of things (shoot, play snooker, work a mouse (although I learned to do this)) left handed. Included in that is hold a measuring tape. The scales on the normal ones a la DIY shed are then upside down.)

(And yes, I have programmed in LISP.)

Reply to
Huge

Duff link?