Time for a new spirit level

Went to do some work yesterday .. and things were going wrong ... then found my trusty 1.2m Stabila Spirit level was more than 5 degrees out ! I have not dropped it ... not to say someone else hasn't

I have a 1.8m level that is good so continued the job .... but need a new 1.2m level.

Any recommendations ? Needs are at least 0.5mm / m accuracy, double plumb bubbles, and all bubbles tight in the gates. Milled face on one long edge.

Stanley Fat Max seems good ... around £30 Stabila do a vast range ... looked at just a few

70-2 £17 80 £27 83 £47 196 £72

Anybody any contenders.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Double check it when you get it. One of mine is off (reads differently each way around).

Stanley are usually OK - I would look at Amazon and click "5 stars" and see what's left. And Screwfix have reviews on their site.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Use a B & D bdl110S self levelling laser unit. Brilliant.

Reply to
Capitol

You will probably find there is a smartphone app for this.. grin. I want one that descales the toilet for me. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Huh? This is where having hand-me-down ancient tools is great.

They used to be adjustable.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Can't find any adjustment screws ... looks to be resin cast in place.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

There is. My son has one.

Reply to