Sanding down

I'm currently sanding down door frames and skirting boards prior to painting. In some places especially on the door frames the previous coats of paint have been chipped by being hit by items when movig them between rooms. What I've found to be very useful in flattening down these very small areas and to feather the old paint edges is a nail file emery board.

No connection with the company - its just where they were purchased 6 months ago. I purchased the straight boards @ 100 grit. The boards are stiff enough that they stay relatively flat even when applying pressure.

Reply to
alan_m

I'd have thought using that method is a bit like cutting the lawn with a pair of scissors though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Easier to use than trying to fold up a bit of sandpaper - these are corners where I don't want to touch the rest of the fancy architrave around the door 1/4 inch away.

I'm not using the nail board for sanding down the skirting :)

Reply to
alan_m