OT feckin Ebay.........

"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase.

In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

WTF?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

To give the seller reasonable time to sort out problems and to protect them from vexatious buyers?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

But only for 7 days. :)

Reply to
GB

But why only for "Powersellers"...?

...of shoddy goods IME

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

You mean it's not ok to walk into a shop and punch the prop in the face before you ask for a refund on a faulty/misdescribed item?

Reply to
fred

This is what I thought would happen whenEbay started to change its business model away from auctions to shopping mall.

Have you noticed we have a fresh crop of auction sites appearing. I've even heard radio ads for them.

Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

Nope. Genuinely. I've not come across a single one. Can you name any of 'em? I'd be quite interested in having a look at 'em.

Reply to
Adrian

Like everyone else, I wish eBay had some decent competition, I've seen one or two sites over the years, but rather tellingly I can't remember their names. When I looked they had so few items, and presumably so few bidders that if you hoped to achieve best price, you wouldn't choose to use them ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Adrian scribbled...

Ebid