Ebay resolution centre + Interlink sucks

I don't know if any of you have been on the wrong end of an ebay resolution , but if you've been unfortunate enough to use Interlink then read this cau tionary tale.
I purchased an item for which the seller used Interlink. The courier tried to deliver the item twice, but this is how it works with them. I'm on the 2 nd floor. If I'm out the courier is supposed to put a card through my apart ment door, not push it under the street door. In any case we have more than one street door. So I don't get any card. But here's what you might descri be as "a scam". The courier takes a picture of the card he puts under the s treet door as "proof that delivery has been attempted". Interlink sends an image of the card to the seller, the seller goes to the resolution centre a nd gives them "proof" that delivery has been attempted.
The resolution centre then automatically decides in favour of the seller. T here is no appeal possible, because I have no information of any kind to sh ow them. I'm supposed to have received an email, but I also don't get any e mail so no dice there either. The decision means I don't get the item, I do n't get a refund, I can't appeal, and I can't leave negative feedback becau se this is automatically deleted.
So in this case I lose £25. The seller doesn't even have a bad word again st his name.
This is a very convenient "scam" for Interlink because their sellers get th e information they need to resolve disputes. The customer gets nothing, but why do they care because they're paid by the sellers.
Comments?
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:11:41 -0800 (PST), Eusebius
Was the seller a business or a private individual?

Business seller. More leverage obviously.
On 11/11/2015 15:23, Eusebius wrote:

Probably wont help but worth a try, go on to ebay live chat and see what they say, and before you leave ask what to do for any future situations like that.
One alternative with larger £ purchases is to request a signed for on delivery.

I tried getting on live chat but I can't get on it for anything like "resol ve a problem". They seem to have disabled the options. I talked on the phon e to an ebay representative who spoke non-native and really hard to follow English and just spouted the party line, telling me not to appeal because i t would be automatically denied. Wouldn't allow me to speak to her manager. She didn't listen to my side of it at all. Nul points.
I did actually get a £25 refund immediately from Paypal - spoke to a very intelligent young woman (English) who understood me perfectly and decided on the spot in my favour. This is a one-off payment from Paypal itself, not the seller. Good luck there......
So Paypal service was excellent.
On 11/11/2015 16:11, Eusebius wrote:

Pleased you got resolved, save this link to fav for future. It should give a direct link to live chat, scroll to bottom of page.
http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query 64&ref=1
On 11/11/2015 16:46, ss wrote:

Yes, I used the call me option at the bottom of that page. Ebay phoned me within one minute from the request and a very helpful rep got my listing problem resolved pretty quickly. All in all I was impressed with their service.

I'd be amazed if they don't get it back from the seller.
--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

I sold an item on Ebay. The buyer said it 'arrived damaged' and so he attempted to repair it. He said he failed and wanted his money back.
I said I wanted to see it first but he raised a case with Ebay and they refunded him.
I appealed and they turned me down so I rang them and explained all that had happened.
They upheld my appeal about the appeal and refunded me. But the buyer kept his refund and the item.
Crazy, and I told Ebay so. They thought it was OK.

I'm confused. How do you get post delivered if they had to push a card under the street door? How does any delivery service leave a card saying they'd tried, but you weren't in?
And didn't you get the chance of collecting it if out when they tried to deliver?
--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

I didn't get any emails from Interlink so didn't know they called. The sell er who was a complete xxxx didn't give me the courier or the Id. number des pite several emails and by the time I'd got him to respond the item had bee n returned to him.
Royal Mail delivers fine all the time. There's an office on another stairca se and they ring that bell to get in. Hermes rings other bells to get in an d puts a card through my own door or leaves a parcel with neighbours on the staircase. Interlink has a rule that you can only leave a parcel with a ne ighbour one number either side. In practice they don't bother - they take a photo of the card they leave, push it under the street door and bugger off .

I don't get emails from RM either.

Ah - he didn't do the despatched bit in 'my Ebay' with a delivery date and tracking number if appropriate?

Not much in the way of security if you can get let in by ringing another door bell?

I've had that with one firm - and I live in a house. Seemed it was quicker for them to post a card than wait for the door to be answered and the good signed for. So I had to go and collect it.
I'm surprised you had problems with Ebay, though. If the seller hadn't told you it had been dispatched, didn't answer PMs, and obviously hadn't got proof of delivery.
--
*Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now *

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:29:51 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Happened with us. We were in. Saw van pull up, and waited for the bell. SWMBO sprinted downstairs (it was her parcel) and driver had dropped what must have been a pre-written card and was climbing back into his van.
She phoned the delivery firm and they responded that he had rung the bell (he hadn't) and had waited two minutes (he hadn't). She pointed out that (a) we have a bell logfile and (b) CCTV recording on the front door.
They made him come back. He wasn't happy.

Yup - that's pretty well what happened to me.
With these low cost 'deliveries' where the driver is on piece rates of pennies each, it's not surprising.
He writes all the cards out in one go, then just delivers them. Then takes all the parcels to the collection point.
--
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Royal Mail are generally good, but a few weeks ago I heard the letterbox, saw that I had been carded, and managed to catch the departing delivery driver, who wasn't the usual guy. He claimed that he had knocked, which I hadn't heard, but he certainly didn't use the easily audible doorbell. He told me that the parcel was behind the recycling bin, and that this was OK because it was marked "no signature required".
He then claimed that in any case it was fine for him to simply drop the parcel, and he had no need to knock.
I asked him specifically to confirm that his training was that there was no need for him first to attempt delivery, and he was quite clear that this was his understanding.
I complained to Royal Mail, and they apologised, and said that steps would be taken...
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On 12/11/2015 08:22, Eusebius wrote:

I don't.

I realise how annoying this is, but I don't see a scam here by Interlink (as in a deliberate attempt by the organisation to defraud people). They try to deliver a parcel, they can't. When asked they provide proof of an attempt to deliver (which they did, admittedly, maybe badly), and then presumably the parcel went back to the sender.
Now, sure, I'll accept that the delivery maybe driver didn't do a good job of trying to deliver the parcel, but I'm somewhat confused by your description of the arrangements for access. You appear to be saying that the delivery drivers are expected to ring random bells to get into your building, which seems rather odd and rather defeats the purpose of locked external doors - I wouldn't expect to do that if I was delivering - I would expect to put a card through a letter box or something, where do your letters go?.
But we've all experienced crap delivery drivers and crap delivery companies.
The issues here seem to be:
1. that you didn't realise that delivery had been attempted because the card was not seen.
2. that Ebay accepted proof of attempted delivery as proof of actual delivery, which is of course rubbish. Whether or not this is Ebay policy, of down to individuals in the organisation just doing a bad job, or a mixture of the two is another matter . Big organisations are often crap at doing things sensibly, hence the endless media reports about cases.
--
Chris French

Yes - it seems odd to me too.
The regular postman or whatever may well know the system needed at this block - but how is a casual delivery driver meant to?
However, the seller should have ticked the box on Ebay saying the goods had been sent and giving an approximate delivery date. You should also get an email saying this has happened - or rather that's what happens here.
--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Yes, that normally happen here as well. buisness sellers it normally happens all the time, private sellers not always, I guess they don't bother
--
Chris French