OT Driving licences

If I ever have to have one, I want the one Clarkson is driving.

Reply to
Nightjar

That's useful to know. The site I saw modded them to order.

Reply to
PeterC

It seems to me that Domino's delivery bikes ALL have L plates. I have never ever seen one without. i suspect it's done to try and make it safer. AFAIK there is no law preventing you displaying an L plate even if you have a full licence.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

It does seem odd to me that commercial deliveries are allowed by unaccompanied holders of a provisional licence.

Reply to
Paul Herber

There's never a requirement for accompaniment of a provisional licence holder on a

Reply to
Adrian

AFAIK there is. But it's widely flouted, and I can't find it.

I even found a "police specials" web site asking!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

IMHO the provisional should exclude "hire or reward" just like mine does for minibuses.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Fine, but delivering pizzas isn't "hire or reward".

Reply to
Adrian

Eh? I thought the moped riders got paid for doing it. Isn't that reward?

"Carry goods for hire or reward and haulage

These particular classifications apply to delivery jobs. Carry goods for hire or reward specifically focuses on occupations that involve multiple drops at a myriad of destinations. Haulage coverage is based more on jobs with fixed deliveries with established clients."

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

In message , charles writes

It's hire and reward if you are hired to do it and receive reward - as opposed to receiving nothing more than payment for fuel.

Licence-wise for minibuses there is a difference on your driving licence between commercial usage and voluntary driving.

bert