ot: cpc - why pdf for this?

Just have the lightweight and very efficient Foxit reader running. It opens very quickly.

its free:)....

Reply to
tony sayer

Plain text as a subset of text may still be ASCII, but only for a small subset of languages. If you need to cope with foreign languages you may well find plain text a problem.

Reply to
dennis

It certainly would be as I couldn't read it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer saying something like:

I've been using Foxit for a good couple of years and am still happy with it - it opens everything pdf thrown at it and is so light on resources you'd not know it was there at all.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I am job hunting and as some application forms come in pdf form I have paid for Foxit reader pro which lets you complete forms. I paid GBP22 which is a lot less than anything Adobe do.

Reply to
Invisible Man

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Invisible Man saying something like:

Indeed. Something to do with a leaner, meaner crew behind it, I suppose. One thing I find incredibly handy about the Foxit reader is its ability to save pdfs that have the save function disabled. Perhaps it was possible to circumvent this in Adobe Reader, but I never found out how.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon