OT: Coolest sound ever - golf ball on frozen lake

Commander Kinsey formulated the question :

Only if there is water underneath it.

And yet sometimes it does.

No, there is also compression.

Provided there is water to float on.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Clearly he isn't since the dishes are getting behind. If you don't like people bludging, vote for someone who doesn't do benefits.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Bow or bow?

It's odd, some people love or hate jumping in initially, and some people love or hate staying in. I love both.

I didn't need to throw, gravity helped. In fact I was only an accomplice to gravity.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

This tends to happen, or the ice does not form. Frozen air?

Cite example.

Of what?

Where would it go? Unless the park rangers evilly emptied it by opening the sluice gates. Damn, I should have done that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Oct 27, 2020 at 4:09:31 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0s5495qmwdg98l@glass>:

Would it not be more wobbly?

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 27, 2020 at 4:06:39 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0s545dy3wdg98l@glass>:

We did that for a while -- and still supplement what they learn in school with home schooling.

LOL! Not sure I ever heard a teacher use that phrase...

Oh, and yes... working on my wife's computer. It is a 2010 MacBook... but still works well. Mostly.

There are far more deaths than with the flu and that is WITH at least some people taking precautions.

I do not play many online games.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 27, 2020 at 4:59:38 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0s57loo1wdg98l@glass>:

I bet Carroll has long since lost count of his socks.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 25, 2020 at 8:40:54 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0s1u6kuxwdg98l@glass>:

Not as cool and certainly not recorded as well, but here is a bit from my kids when they were little and I at a lake near where we lived at the time:

Snit

On Oct 27, 2020 at 4:58:53 PM MST, "FromTheRafters" wrote <rnac7s$1dju$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>:

Would it not float on cheese or taco sauce? :)

Snit

Very little of that sounds believable.

Reply to
Kelly Phillips

David, what's new with your wife?

Reply to
Kelly Phillips

Thank you for being a responsible citizen.

Reply to
Kelly Phillips

Do you remember the first time you got buggered? Those were the days, eh?

Reply to
Kelly Phillips

Kelly Phillips formulated on Wednesday :

Sounds like a song by Helen Reddy.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

It *is* true. Trumpets have a hard time understanding how "help to support" is different from "supports" - just as masks "help to reduce" the spread of disease. They think it is all or nothing.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

It does.

"It's so nice to be insane No one asks you to explain Macbook by your side, Snitty baby"

Reply to
liamhardshell

FYI - they are anchors, not teeth, on the bow! ;-)

That's 'cause you are 'speshul'! :-D

Other folk reading here may NOT know of that story!

Reply to
David_B

Yeah but it was ship related and a bow, er bow.

I'm normal, the rest are sissies. Imagine civilisation disappeared. You have to swim across a frozen lake to get food. All those wimps would die, or more likely realise they actually can swim in cold water and it's all just a big fuss about nothing.

I dropped some CO2 extinguishers off the top of a tall grain silo onto concrete to see what would happen. Is that the one you mean? There was an explosion.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On 28/10/2020 10:21, FromTheRafters wrote: [....]

Another angel?

One of my favourites! :-D

Reply to
David_B

Is that a synonym for drunk, or do you actually mean taken up the arse?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey