OT Car Insurance

You make a post to a public forum and anyone may reply to your posts. You are inviting responses by posting here, if you don't like it, you know what you can do.

Oh yes you did.

I provided what proof is possible here by copying and pasting the text in question. So that's another lie from you.

Let's start with you telling the truth for a refreshing change.

Reply to
Steve Firth

With Admiral it's stated on the renewal document. Nineteen years in my case, my two claims were "protected". Another plus for Admiral was that they didn't hike the premiums after I had claimed.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Is that actually true anyway? Or is it just the case that women make fewer driving claims than men?

...indeed - see above - 'small accidents' are much less likely to be claimed for than major prangs

IIRC I've made three insurance claims since I started driving 30+ years ago (not surprisingly, heavily biased towards the start of that period)... SWMBO loves to do that passenger-seat driving thing with me and bang on about how she's 'never ever had an accident' when slagging off my driving, conveniently ignoring the incalculable number of trips we've made to the local body shop for 'cash' repairs :(

David

Reply to
Lobster

Indeed. The point I was making ia that you were not replying to a question.

Nope. I suspect what you are referring to was "No, you have to pay the apple tax fo the adapter." I never made any claim about them being expensive.

The text stil isn't there. Others have confirmed that.

After you.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

That reminds me. I suppose I should let the insurance co. know that I have had a ticket since I last renewed my policy.

Reply to
ARW

Another lie. The post that you complained about was a reply to the question you asked.

It's still there above, "What's up? Can't you cope when people point out that you were wrong?"

You really do have problems don't you sonny? You can't even remember what you wrote or when.

Weasel all you like...

Remarkable that I managed to copy and paste it then isn't it? Even more remarkable that you pontificated that the reason that I see it and you don't is because I use Apple software.

Your usual problem remembering what you wrote, or indeed differentiating arse and elbow.

Naturally it will be, I have told the truth and you have lied through your teeth.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You should. I waited until I received my renewal notice. They didn't seem too bothered, but I had to pay extra for the current year and then the renewal premium was recalculated.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Your misunderstanding. I was referring to your first "contribution" to this thread, which was not an answer to a question.

Indeed it is. Plain to see.

I think it's you who has the problem. This was a civil discusion about car insurance until you came along. Who do you think you aere kidding, other than yourself?

That was not a lie. It's you who seems to have trouble with the meaning of words.

Get some sleep and you may begin to see things more clearly.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

"Man at B&Q" wrote: [snip]

In which case it's your failure for not making your point in the correct place - in response to my first post - or not mentioning the fact that you were attempting to rake up and rewire history.

But io course as ever with you it's all post-hoc justification and wriggling.

[snip more flanneling]
Reply to
Steve Firth

This one should be fun then as it actually affects the policy previous to the current policy.

Mind you, it's only 3 points so it should not make much difference.

Reply to
ARW

There are some offences which some companies say they will ignore, as long as there aren't too many of them.

Reply to
John Williamson

Indeed. And I suppose that most people have at least one speeding ticket.

I really want to go on a speed awareness course. A mate of mine who is a lorry driver has just attended one (it seems that some cameras are linked to weight sensors in the road). He loved it.

Reply to
ARW

My missus went on one after being had for 35 in a 30 limit. Was told to drive around in 30 limits in Third gear?..

Bizarre if you ask me"!...

Reply to
tony sayer

No, barmy!

In message , tony sayer writes

We had this discussion...

Depending on road traffic conditions it is what I do. Mind this is in the diesel Fiesta which is fairly high geared.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

As opposed to what?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Most of the people on these courses are there for such things, and most of them are pretty clueless. The 3rd gear thing is a good way to get them to be a bit more aware of their speed so they don't get caught again.

Reply to
Clive George

In article , Tim Streater scribeth thus

Using Forth gear which is what I've done since 1971 ....

Theres absolutely no need to use Third in a Thirty limit at all unless you have a very very under powered car. The one she drives would manage in Sixth anyway...

The powers that be here in Cambridge now want to implement a city wide

20 MPH limit so by this odd logic thats going to mean cruising around in second then?...
Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Tim Lamb scribeth thus

You might .. I don't thanks, and have never done so and never had a problem with that at all in any car I've driven...

Reply to
tony sayer

Not to mention causing an obstruction to cyclists.

Reply to
John Williamson