OT: Caple DF625 Dishwasher

You may remember from a posting I made on New Year's Eve that we had a blocked drain and when the toilet was flushed, the contents emptied out through the dishwasher/washing machine/sink. Thankfully, it's all sorted now and the insurance people are replacing the dishwasher and washing machine under the contents policy.

Our existing dishwasher is an AEG OKO Favorit 446 but that model is no longer being manufactured so the insurance people came up with the nearest modern equivalent being a Caple DF625, available at Comet, including delivery, for £326.80. Apparently, they send us a voucher that can only be used at Comet so we have to go there, but we can add our own money to the voucher to get a better or alternative dishwasher if we so wish.

I've never heard of Caple before, so my question is, has anyone else? I think (IIRC) that we've had our old AEG for about 10 years without a single problem so what are Caple like in the reliability stakes? Any reason NOT to go for it? Any recommendations for others (don't mind putting some of our own money in to make it up to £400)?

And if anyone's interested, our existing washing machine is a Hoover HC6

150M Ultra Care 1500 Large Load, which again isn't available any longer. Insurance people say the nearest equivalent is a Zanussi ZWG 6165, available for £329.98 inc delivery, this time from Currys (and again, the voucher is only valid at Currys but we can add to it).

Cheers

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Maurice Lay is a long established 'distributor' to the kitchen trade. Eg they have for many years done storage and haulage for all the goods included in fitted kitchens and available through independant designers, contractors and builders. Their 'own brand' products have always been badged CAPLE and look like they are bought in from all over but I believe the Stainless Steel Cookers and stuff were/are made in their own factories. I didn't know they were available these days through regular retail outlets.

The quality of the goods was imho pretty sound but they lacked the design and finish of the leading brands.

When I was in that business (some years back) I recall a rep telling me that there actually was only one dishwasher factory in all of Europe, making dishwashers for all the European brands under one roof.

All of the above might and might not be true

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

Thanks Tim, food for thought there sir so cheers.

Reply to
Pete Zahut

That would make me baulk straight away. Decline and insist on free choice at a vendor of your choice.

Reply to
Skipweasel