OT Can people not do mental arithmetic or use a calculator any more?

Can't see I've often seen basics on special offer? Things like milk bread and so on? Most basics at a decent supermarket are already priced as low as they can be.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Even when they can't afford the petrol for an essential journey?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I'd be interested to know your weekly shop (for one) for less than £30?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

This family clearly don't care about the concept of overpopulation being the root cause of all the global 'issues'

Reply to
Andrew

In the 60's there were 'Teacher training collages', just like there were Schools of Nursing attached to most of the larger hospitals.

The 5% who went to Uni were supposed to be capable of greater things.

Reply to
Andrew

Definately time to get rid of all 'copper' coins. People paying cash will just have to accept that the bill will be rounded up or down to the nearest 5p (but still pay the exact amount electronically)

Reply to
Andrew

What is Octal 777777 on an 18-bit ones-complement machine ?

Reply to
Andrew

It's how far the piss splashes, surely ?

Reply to
Andrew

Ditto. 'Computers' were woman who worked in accounting offices using massive mechanical calculator machines

Reply to
Andrew

Are you still surviving on your stash of reduced tinned haggis ?

Reply to
Andrew

I learnt 1-12, 14 and 16.

Reply to
Max Demian

I thought computers did it all by hand.

Reply to
Max Demian

Easy for one person. I spend about £25 pw for food. And the same amount for booze.

Reply to
Max Demian

For future reference, the "sometimes" in his case is both inaccurate and superfluous.

Reply to
Richard

the 14 times table is easy as long as you know your 7 times table...... double the result....

Ditto the 16 times table is easy if you knoe your 8 times table.. just double the result....

Reply to
SH

Didn't you suggest that it was 10sqft?

Reply to
Fredxx

Try living without any income for 5 weeks, let's see how you do?

Reply to
Fredxx

It's the overpopulation of rod speed aliases to blame.

Reply to
Richard

All of the stuff I consume always is.

Those routinely are when they are close to their best buy date.

And the breadmix I use instead of the horrible bread certainly is.

I don't use milk any more.

Sugar, rice, fresh veg, frozen veg, meat etc etc etc always is.

Wrong, and Aldi and LIdl undercut the others all the time.

Reply to
hgt

That claim is bullshit and it is just as true if there are only say 7 kids at the birthday party etc.

Reply to
hgt