OT: Bryn Terfel 'The Gasman Cometh"

Edinburgh Festival, BBC1, 'Today' approx. 8.45

Chris Hogg

This link is for live play of BBC1. 8.45am is 'BBC Breakfast', not 'Today', and iPlayer of it only starts from 8.57am.

Was this a performance of Flanders & Swann's 'The Gasman Cometh'?

Reply to
Dave W

Sorry about getting the programme name wrong, but yes, it was Terfel singing the F&S classic. Can't comment on the iPlayer timing as although on the face of it, it looks as though it starts from 6.50, I can't confirm it as I can't get into it: it will neither let me sign in nor register. When I put the link up the programme was still running live.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

It still lets me get away with saying I'll do it later, is it forcing login for anyone else?

Reply to
Andy Burns

That was the case earlier his morning when I first found it. All I had to confirm was that I had a valid TV licence. But I don't get the 'do it later' option, second time around; it just seems to freeze and won't let me do anything, even though I have registered in the past.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Ah, seems to be working OK now. And yes, it will replay the whole programme, from 0650 or whenever, including Terfel.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

About a month ago I just registered and kept the cookies. Now it plays without any more faff. Breakfast starts at 06:00h and Bryn is on at a few seconds after 2h 43m in -

08:43H. I guessed that the media etc. stuff would start after sport at 08:30H
Reply to
PeterC

Why would you go there, not here?

Andy