OT: Breathalysers

I thought Aussies could handle their drink.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

No doubt about it, no test needed.

Reply to
Davey

Pot kettle black.

Reply to
ARW

Have you or your wanker friends put on a hi viz jacket and got out the speed gun to check that?

Reply to
ARW

Women.

Reply to
ARW

AKA (Poor Man's) Black Velvet.

Explain further instead of being vague.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

There's nothing magical about driving which means you can't do it after a few pints. I've driven about 40 miles on 7 pints perfectly well.

If I have a pint I feel nothing, I need a 2nd one to make it worthwhile. You must be very weak-minded.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Apart from that being bullshit, that would still be the fault of the kid with the ball. Why have a requirement to protect the stupid from themselves?

Wrong.

No, it's because I'm made of harder stuff than you.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Speak for yourself.

Why? Ruining the theory of evolution is not helping the future of mankind.

How?

A brick cannot swallow a whole pint.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

There is no law protecting Uncle Peter from himself.

Reply to
polygonum

Actually we do have laws protecting us from ourselves (which we shouldn't). Taking drugs for example. Or wearing seatbelts.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Not enough. We shouldn't protect ANY stupid people, then the next generation would be far superior.

Actually, I believe it's illegal to attempt suicide [rolls eyes].

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Quite so, I completely agree with that one. I could probably manage carefully driving the car home, but that's not the issue. This issue is that I need driving, or else no job, no mony, no nothing... So I also just cut it out - completely.

Yes I was once stopped and breathlysed because I was lost and slowed down to decode obscure road signs; I didn't have TomTom at the time. Police were very unfriendly and bullying, then asked me why I was shaking... But his jaw dropped when it came out zero. But I could keep the tube for a reminder hehe.

Reply to
johannes

Not sure you are right there. Your mum knows her limitations and drive accordingly. A drunk don't know his/her limitations.

Reply to
johannes

Interesting. Just how did you divine this snippet of nonsense?

A bit like my mum really.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

If you can't work it out from that, then I'm not going to explain it.

Reply to
Davey

Your measure of safe needs adjusting.

Reply to