OT: BFPO

OT but we're cross!

Our son was deployed to Afghanistan in February. Soon after he arrived he emailed us his BFPO address, including camp and other details that

says you must not include when posting to a BFPO.

So in good time for Easter we send him a goodie parcel just with:

Army no / rank / name Unit xxx OP HERRICK BFPO 758

as specified, and a month later it's returned-to-sender marked "insufficient address". We call him and he says other parcels from his mates with the full details he sent have arrived OK.

I'll don some asbestos underwear and check ARRSE for similar problems.

Reply to
Reentrant

What, the MoD cocked something up? Surely not.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well the address looks ok, cant see what has gone wrong My daughter is an?A&E Registrar at camp bastion, we sent a parcel at Easter that arrived ok Hopefully they will all be safely out of there for good ASAP.

-
Reply to
Mark

Left hand right hand at work again.

Don't tell him your name Pike.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I hate this from that page:

"The automatic sortation equipment".

It sounds as though it was written by an American.

Reply to
Davey