OT: BBC at Labour Conf

You explain. I never claimed this.

Oh dear. I know we don't often agree but your posts are usually reasonable - this is more like bert's, TNP's or Rod Speed's[1].

[1] And some of Rod Speed's are reasonable.
Reply to
Mark

some people think Atlantis/Holy Grail exists and spend their life looking for it

tim

Reply to
tim...

In effect you did, since you insisted that all Tory Party members are public school-boys. I'm not one (grammar school) and neither is my wife (her excuse being that she is female).

Well don't talk c*ck then, and we shall get on.

Reply to
Tim Streater

She is actually one of the better ones in the shadow cabinet (not that hard to be honest). You may want to compare her with her counterpart for argument sake.

I'll help you:

Born in Middlesbrough, middle-working class, state school, Cambridge, Phd from LSE, Business consultant, middle/high management at the BBC, then MP - very junior posts climbing up the ladder to a position of Secretary of State after 10 years. So clearly smart and with inside and outside parliamentary experience.

Rebecca Long-Bailey on the other hand: various shop and factory jobs, then solicitor for 5 years (you know, that stage in the career of somebody with ambition when the boss suggests that perhaps it is time to start looking into some junior management experience), then shadow Secretary of State... But she is a friend of Jeremy.

The majority of the others are similar stories.

I know which one I would trust with my billions.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Secretary of State for Education

Holder: Justine Greening PC Born Rotherham, Comprehensive School. 1st in Business Economics and Accounting at uni. Executive MBA from the London Business School. Accountant/finance manager for PwC, GSK and Centrica, then 12 years as an MP.

In comparison, Angela Rayner. Left school with no qualifications due to pregnancy (not holding it against her, honest), Worked as a care worker, and then a UNISON rep until elected to parliament 2 years ago...

Care to tell me what in her background prepared her for running a multi billion government office? (apart from being a good friend of Jeremy).

Reply to
JoeJoe

Poor Mark. Life is so complicated isn't it?

Reply to
Tjoepstil

so "they" claim

personally, all I ever see is an identikit politician just parroting the party lines that the spin doctors gave her to practice in front of the mirror.

I don't count being better at that, as a useful skill for major office.

tim

Reply to
tim...

But I thought both those existed even if they haven't be proved to be found. Atlantis appears to linked to santorini and the holy gral was the gobley used by jesus, well unles she just used his hand there must have been something he drank from and I doubt it was a pint glass.

Reply to
whisky-dave

OK. Since we're being pedantic I'll rephrase my comment - "The Tory party is dominated by public school boys with no real-world experience...."

The same applies to you.

Reply to
Mark

No pedantry involved. Just that debate is easier without rhetoric - if you're interested in debate, that is.

Do you have any evidence for your assertion (see my sig, which Thoth decided to use today)?

Reply to
Tim Streater

JUts as an exercise about 6 years ago I went through teh whiole candicay of southern england looking at tthe Labourt canduatess. The only one I found who was *not* an (ex) public sector [ worker ? ] was an aromatherapist.

And smack our botties and tell us to behave.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Er,no. In order to get a Phd from the LSE you need to nbebe a full on Marxist with yoiur head up your arse.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Seems only a few months ago we were told N Korea was a long way from having an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear weapon. And or having a practical nuclear weapon.

It would seem 'intelligence' isn't always right.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How come you manage to spell aroma therapist correctly?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They may be somewhat crazy, but I don't think they're suicidal. How many members of the Kim dynasty do you think would still be alive within

48 hours of them using a nuke?
Reply to
Andy Burns

For me that depends on who's 'inteligence' you are listening to.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The Labour party has now promised so many free unicorns that they have run out of magic forests to grow them in. You just know unicorns exist, the Labour party says so. I presume that the reason for specifying unicorns, is because they only have one horn, so you can impale lots of ignorant Labour voters on it in one go!

Reply to
Capitol

It's hard to tell. Many indications suggest that they are. They're certainly taking sabre-rattling to a new level. Why develop a WMD if you never intend to use it?

It's all the innocent people who could be caught in this that I am thinking about.

Reply to
Mark

Cite?

Reply to
Mark

You have to remember that during the Korean War, America dropped more bombs on North Korea than they did on Germany during WW2. They literally ran out of things to destroy, and resorted to bombing rice paddies. I'm not surprised the North Koreans are not very keen on America. My parents would never buy a German car after the events of WW2, so I can't imagine what the North Koreans feel like.

But they are mad, too.

Reply to
Huge