OT: BBC at Labour Conf

To keep in touch with friends.

Reply to
Mark

Anyone well-known could be in the "nutter firing line".

Nutters tend to be right-wing extremists.

Reply to
Mark

Proof

Reply to
Capitol

Email does it better.

Reply to
Capitol

No

but she was just doing her "normal" everyday things

It's the where that important, not the what

tim

Reply to
tim...

Mark

I prefer email myself, but if a group of people use social media to keep in touch then ....

Reply to
Mark

Are you sure she is a BBC employee? I've not read the story - so it's the BBC supplying the bodyguard? Hope they're better than the 'guards' they used when there were large sums of money used in a TV production. A member of the corps of commissionaires. ;-)

Again, you're assuming Kuenssberg is BBC staff. Not many of those left.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In your last post you said the BBC were providing a bodyguard. Now you seem to be saying the police were involved and somehow recommended this?

But then right wingers like you just love to speculate.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Think you need to inform Bill Wright about this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Jo Cox.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you lied to what purpose?

You think Kuenssberg more likely to be assaulted at a party conference with all her crew etc around her than an MP walking down a street?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

She made it onto the >£150K list, so I think she is.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Bless!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you read that into what I wrote then I suggest you need help with English comprehension. Note especially that "how the police and others have assessed..." leaves open the possibility the police weren't the ones who advised the BBC. Note also that I wouldn't pretend to know how official advice on risks to the security of prominent people is provided these days. Yet you seem to know that there is no special threat to her.

There you go again with the over-simplistic name-calling.

Reply to
Robin

This from the Grauniad online, just now:

But there is a small, self-righteous and aggressively entitled minority within the left who clearly don?t feel that way [1], and whose behaviour now risks tarnishing that wider movement. They may grudgingly accept that Kuenssberg needs physical protection ? and it?s amazing how many people are confident in declaring from the comfort of their armchairs that she doesn?t really, despite not having a clue about her situation ? but they sneer that it?s funny she doesn?t need saving from Tories, without pausing to consider whether this says less about Kuenssberg than it does about them [2]. (For the record, she has been targeted by both far right and far left; and the BBC doesn?t employ security just for laughs.) The rage against her in some quarters is visceral, frenzied, beyond all reason.

[1] That, IOW, that she should need such protection is something to be horrified about. [2] What it says about the Tories is that they don't go around threatening people. We leave that to the hard left.
Reply to
Tim Streater

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

So every MP should have their own personal protection officer all of the time? Was Jo Cox actually threatened in advance by the man who killed her?

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Was her location and activity at the time the instigator of the attack?

Don't be even more stupid than usual.

Reply to
bert

Only to a raving momentum leftie.

Reply to
bert

Ah a tendency of ONE. (See other thread about trend graphs from 3 points

- now a trend graph from one point. Bit difficult.)

Reply to
bert