OT - Amazon Prime grumble - next day delivery?

Up to know I have generally been impressed with Amazon Prime, but recently the "next day delivery" isn't.
For example (see other thread) I've just ordered a phone with Prime delivery and it isn't due until Wednesday.
Weird thing - earlier today I'm sure that it said delivery by Monday. Just before ordering it said delivery by Tuesday. I refreshed the screen to confirm and it changed to delivery by Wednesday.
Am I being gamed to encourage me to order quickly, or is the whole system no longer delivering what is promised?
Cheers
Dave R

Have you read all the T&Cs? I would guess that next day delivery means the day after the item is in stock.
FWIW I don't have Amazon Prime, but do find that things arrive when expected.
--
I am the God of Hell fire and I bring you: Brexit

David wrote:

Twice so far this year, the same day (on a Sunday) has been for me.
The warehouse is one junction up the motorway from here, then it goes five junctions further North to the courier's depot, before coming back down again.

“Prime” definitely isn’t what it used to be and now the Prime tag is being displayed next to anything with free delivery. Some, indeed many things are still available with free next day delivery if ordered early enough but you now need to read the delivery details very carefully to be sure of which interpretation of “Prime” you’re being offered.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Its not just prime. Its everything, but generally on average stuff gets here before the date they say.
I don't do prime. I'm not that mega keen on wanting stuff that fast. Brian
--
----- --
On Sunday, 13 January 2019 16:11:20 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:

Most of our students get confused when amazon offer free next day delivery (sometimes to the UK) so order from a supplier in china who do next day DIS PATCH so the student asking me to order it at about 4pm expect it to arrive the following morning or within 24 hours. When in relaity from china it c an be upto a month.
So I'm telling them that next day delivery and next day dispatch aren't the same thing. It;s on the ordering info page they are meant to read and unde rstand but.... they are students
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:11:16 +0000, David wrote:

Having said that, I ordered a Bluetooth keyboard slightly later than the phone and it arrived first thing this morning.
Probably depends on how fast the supplier can get it to the carrier.
Then again, Amazon confirmed the package is with DPD this morning (Monday) but it still isn't scheduled to arrive until Wednesday.
Shipping from elsewhere in the EU, perhaps? No tracking information available on this delivery which is interesting. Concealing the original source?
Cheers
Dave R

Amazon does sometimes change delivery dates but it's not a systematic trick.
If you're feeling miffed then you could call customer services and ask for a month's extension of your Prime subscription on the basis they failed to deliver for the date promised.