OT - Amazon Prime

You buy prezzies for the brain dead? This gets worse and worse.

Reply to
Huge

I can't say I can see any general policy going on here.

I bought 3 things on Amazon last week. On the 27,28 and 29th Nov. The items ordered on 28 and 29th are listed as dispatched, the item on 27th as 'preparing for disptach'

Reply to
Chris French

Ebuyer do that - if you go for their cheap delivery option, it sits in waiting for dispatch for several days and then they deliver it with next day delivery.

You just have to wait for them to dispatch it. Annoying...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

In message , Chris French writes

And the two marked for dispatch over the weekend arrived this morning (sent via Royal Mail Tracked 48 service).

I'm wondering whether they do have stock in house for all the stuff that was in their lightening deals, and that explains why one item (a larger item - printer) is delayed in disptaching

Reply to
Chris French

Were all actually purchased FROM Amazon, or was the printer (or some of the others) purchased THROUGH Amazon?

Reply to
Adrian

All purchased from Amazon.

I've noticed a similar pattern with things my wife purchased.

Reply to
Chris French

Some of the designery ones have it hidden in a slot on the keyboard.

Yes. There are also similar traps to sign up for their credit card and have first class delivery by default if you don't pay careful attention.

I reckon they vary the script from time to time in the hope of catching out the unwary. Trying Amazon prime is fair enough but paying for it is beyond the pale. I almost never order anything needed that urgently.

Reply to
Martin Brown

As posted up thread (I think - could be elsewhere) the Unified Receiver is in a dinky little pouch just under the front cardboard flap. The package that I got had one end already partially open so I took the keyboard out that way. Looking in from the end there was no sign of it. There was a space for it next to the battery, but it wasn't there (which is one reason I assumed that it was missing). I have seen others post on Amazon about the missing receiver and wonder if this is the cause. Anyway, by the time I found out about this when opening the packaging for a very similar keyboard I had ordered as a replacement the returns pick up was due next day. So I have no idea if the receiver was in there or not as there wasn't much point in taking all the packaging apart again.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I bought a burglar alarm from Screwfix without querying the damaged packing. Opened at home, I discovered the two blue plastic lenses for the strobes were missing.

The replacement had a plastic strap sealing the box.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Jolly glad I followed my own usual pattern and did precisely that on Sunday. On Amazon, whoever was selling, £79.99. On Google, whoever was selling, £79.99. Except Freemans who are charging £95. And Staples where it was £49.99 including next day delivery by TNT.

Bayan Soundbook Go

Reply to
polygonum

No use anyone else trying that particular one - Staples now (again?) same as almost everyone else.

Reply to
polygonum