OT Advert on the box

Some sort of plug-in smelly device that drugs your dog/cat? How does this work?

What effect has it on humans? Is anyone buying such a thing totally mad?

Reply to
harry

Something we can agree on!

I can see that perhaps a catnip dispenser might work on those evil bastards, but you have to wonder about what might work on both species.

People do have strange ideas, I heard of someone taking a sachet of "bute" for a headache when they had run out of paracetamol. Phenylbutazone is a painkiller / anti-inflamatory used on horses, a sachet is the dose for 500 kg of animal. They were not well afterwards.

Reply to
newshound

Totally. Did you notice the small print disclaimer at the bottom of the screen suggesting you might want to refer your pet to a shrink?

Reply to
Graham.

Now we know what happened to Plowperson!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Feliway is a synthetic copy of one of the feline facial pheromones (F3) used by cats to mark their territory boundaries."

None, unless the smell of a cat has an effect on you. You can buy (apparently) human pheronomes

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

There are two different products. Feliway for cats and Adaptil for dogs. They are pheromone dispensers and have been sold by vets for many years. I've never had an animal that showed any signs of stress, so I've not tried them.

Reply to
Nightjar

The suppliers seem to have missed the biggest potential market of all, can they not develop one that drugs children.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I thought that was what Gripe Water was for.

I was going to say it had been replaced with Rohypnol, then realised I meant Ritalin.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Too late, you said it online now

:-)

Reply to
newshound

Yeah, it's not good giving kids Rohypnol is it

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Does this mean they'll attract every cat/dog from miles around?

Reply to
harry

In days past, young children were given a twist of cloth, containing sugar soaked in rum, to suck. It could keep them quiet all day.

Reply to
Nightjar

I presume they will be using appeasement pheromones, rather than sex pheromones.

Reply to
Nightjar

colours, sounds, dummies, playstations, xboxes, smartphones all work on kids.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Now I imagine cats walking down the street with e-cigarettes, vaping 'nip.

Reply to
Adam Funk

What seems to be needed is baby laudanum.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You remember it???!!!

Reply to
harry

I'm pretty sure that used to be available (not in my lifetime, though).

Reply to
Adam Funk

Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup was sold until 1930.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My partner does. It was how the field workers on her Uncle's estate kept their kids quiet when taking in the harvest: Give them a rum soaked twist and put them under a hedge.

Reply to
Nightjar