OT: A mouldy death in Rochdale

Did you have one of those self-adhesive rear screen heaters that stuck a series of parallel silver foil stripes on the inside of the glass ?, and some diy wiring to connect it up.

Reply to
Andrew

I ddi n my first car.

Reply to
charles

Councils do tend to put all their problem tenants in the same place. Around my way you can see where council tenants take some pride in keeping the area clean etc. and also in other areas where the problem families are housed :(

Reply to
alan_m

A lot of unnecessary suffering results from mixing the 2. Unfortunately the law is moving firmly in the direction of making it impossible to remove or move problem people.

Reply to
Animal

That's what happens when you have a Social Democrat/Neo Liberal government like the UK has - and has had for decades.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

There is nothing wrong with a lot of them. I have been dating someone for 16 years who has been one for 18 years [1]. I have worked on loads of councils estates and I know which places are trouble.

Private landlords have the same problem

[1] And I have diagnosed boiler faults and electrical faults at hers before she called out the council work person to fix the problem. It was a woman that they sent out to swap a faulty CH pump. She liked my diagnosis skills.
Reply to
ARW

There's plenty of good honest people living on council estates. Bill

Reply to
wrights...