Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

After the number of nuisance calls my phone system was blocking, fell to almost no calls, there has been a sudden increase in their number in the past few days. 10 such calls yesterday blocked, all supposedly from different spoofed numbers.
They do like to waste their time.

Apparently my Internet service is compromised! Recorded announcement so I suppose the only cost is the call charge.
--
Tim Lamb

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:20:36 +0000, Tim Lamb

I told them to fix it asap as I will be looking for compensation for each day I am without service.
On 20/03/2019 13:02, Scott wrote:

My wife got one the other day. He wanted to know how many blue lights were on the router. "None. They're green" she replied. He rang off.
(actually the router _does_ have blue lights, but she must have looked at the modem)
Andy
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:20:36 +0000, Tim Lamb

I have also had a few 'This is Microsoft Technical' calls from India recently and after dispatching one (who was fairly persistent), also had the 'This is BT Technical, your line is compromised' recorded message with a press 1 or 2 option.
Me: But I have cable Internet, I don't use BT?
Him: Sir, did you know all Internet connections go though BT ...
After wasting the first callers time as long as possible and him talking of 'blocking my Internet connection' if I didn't do as he asked, his parting shot was that he was going to 'block my a$$'. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
T i m wrote:

I've had much stronger language than that, one even resorted to what I presume was his mother tongue.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

Never respond to these!

Well ... he's wrong.

Well, you're wasting your own time too. But I don't object if you're willing to tie up some scum cold caller's time.
--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.

pressing '1' can connect you to a premium rate call number.
Recently, when I was bored, talked with the man from 'Microsoft Technical Suport'. He asked me about the key to the right of the left-hand Control. "It's a sort of gear wheel, "gear wheel?" "Yes, rather like the one you get for 'settings' on a tablet." "Is it a tablet, then?" "No, it's a desktop machine, but the symbol is just like the symbol on a tablet." long pause "Is it a Windows machine ?" "No" Mr M$oft hangs up.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
charles wrote:

Just run me through how you think that can be done?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On 20/03/2019 16:15, charles wrote:

That sounds unlikely... Got any supporting evidence?
--
Cheers,

John.
After serious thinking John Rumm wrote :

That rumour has been discounted as untrue before.

not in writing, but my ISP owner told me, And I tend to believe him.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
writes

More fool you with that last, it isnt possible.
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 20:32:55 +0000, charles wrote:

I would get a new ISP if I were you. It is patently not true.
writes

Makes more sense to just ignore what they say about that.
On 20/03/2019 21:47, Bob Eager wrote:

Maybe they run a cr@p VoIP system that can?

The system is provided by Kingston Communications - in any case what has that got to do with phones - that service comes from BT
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 10:24:07 +0000, charles wrote:

Are you *really* asking what VoIP has to do with phones???

MY phone service is not VOIP.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On 21/03/2019 12:20, charles wrote:

given that the 21cn network has provision for doing POTs via VoIP you can't be sure of that.
We designed cards for the DSLAMs that could supply xDSL and POTs using VoIP for the POTs and they were controlled by a soft switch based on SystemX.
They were to be installed in the cabinets in the streets so BT could sell the exchange buildings.