Call Blocker working well :-)

Judging by the number of nuisance callers it is reporting as having blocked, the number of such callers trying to get through has increased, just as I put the new phones in.

Mostly their number is 'unavailable, some present a number with 0020 or

00??. Sometimes the 0020's are valid numbers if the initial zero is deleted. I am getting calls from spoofed local numbers, usually none existent numbers, over the weekend one was spoofed to present a very local number from within the village, so I rang the number just to make sure - there had been no one in the house at the time, to dial us.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Got the best phone blocker ever.

No phone. No line. (Well, there is a physical line, but not set up and never has been.)

Reply to
polygonum

En el artículo , polygonum escribió:

+1. Line (for broadband) but no phone. Heaven. I use the inclusive minutes on my mobile or Whatsapp if I need to make a call.

It makes "line rental" even more of a rip-off than ever.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Absolutely. Then only reason we don't have a connected line is that the available broadband is dreadful - estimated 4 to 8. Fibre is "in scope" whatever that turns out to mean. I know for sure the next box down the road has it. Then we will connect but I am damned if I will pay for a slow connection and give Openreach any idea that they can get money from me before upgrading their system.

Probably still won't have a phone, though. I have become used to using the app from Three to make calls over broadband.

Reply to
polygonum