Cleaning a wall

The previous owners seem to have liked ivy covered walls. I don't, so what is the best way to remove the mess left behind:

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

Reply to
DJC

Blast it off with a pressure washer

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Dead ivy removes itself. It takes a couple of years. A scraper on brickwork is not a great idea.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Paint it white.

Reply to
alan_m

IME it will eventually dry and fall off.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1 I've done it, works a treat.
Reply to
David Lang

Paint it black, Shirley? :-)

Reply to
News

I've tried that. Two years later it's still there. How much longer should I wait before buying a pressure washer?

Reply to
GB

Oh good, I was just waiting for the justification for one. Is this one good enough? Nilfisk E 140.3-9

Reply to
DJC