Newsgroup usage down

Text is king for communication! :-)

I know "a picture is worth a thousand words" but it really isn't true. A text explanation of how to fix a computer problem is nearly always better than just a few screen grabs IMHO. SImilarly for user manuals and such. User manuals with a series of pictures and virtually no text explanation (avoids multi-language translation I guess) are rarely much use. Language (i.e. words) is an essential part of being human, it's how we commnicate.

Reply to
Chris Green

Bullshit.

But some pics are FAR better with most diy or even repair problems and vastly better with an unidentified item.

But ones with no pics at all are mostly useless.

True in spades of decent pictures and videos.

Reply to
Jock

Yes I despaired at the info given out about how to do a PCR Covid test by the NHS. If I hear as you can see here, or this way up so the reagent does not spill out I'll scream. I know its a sighted world but the ability to voice what you are actually doing be part of the process. So many videos on workouts and yoga and even in person classes fall into this trap with the usual outcome that blind people feel like second class citizens. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

And discriminates against blind people. Its really not hard to do both in the majority of cases these days, since there are really good translation software solutions these days. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa