New washing machine time - What sort?

Well my Zeiss Umbramatic photochromics (one of the better products from Germany) are definitely brown-tinted. Does that indicate cynicism, perchance? :-)

John

Reply to
John MacLeod

More a pretentious plonker, I would say

Reply to
geoff

Bite the wax tadpole == Coca Cola in parts of China.

An VW renamed the "Rabbit" for the UK market with the boring name "Golf". Shame. I'd like a car that goes like a rabbit ;-)

Reply to
Mark

That hasn't gone on mine. It has got through several doors seals and a set of brushes in around 10 years of heavy usage though. The main problem is that it doesn't spin very fast and the washing comes out fairly wet.

I heard that WMs were designed to work on solid floors and don't like suspended floors. Ours certainly wobbles less now I have moved it to a solid floor.

Reply to
Mark

The first UK diesel Golfs (pretty rare at the time, although they did have the wheel on the right side) were still badged as "Rabbits".

No-one seems to have told VW dealers this. Phone up and ask for a windscreen wiper or a bulb for a Rabbit and they wouldn't have a clue what you were on about.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Classed by Snopes as "Not quite".

Skipweasel

is all the insurance you need.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Looks interesting in theory.

But it says "You've missed our 7pm deadline"!

And says they can't deliver until SUNDAY.

Pretty unsatisfactory "insurance"!

Reply to
Bob Eager

If it's really that desperate, drive to the local all-night Tescos and drive home with a washing machine.

Reply to
Skipweasel

You miss the point. The previous poster (you deleted their identity on the followup) posted that URL presumably on the basis of the name. Also,m the web site crows about 'next day'. Sunday isn't the next day after Thursday. That's all.

Reply to
Bob Eager

is all the insurance you need.

MBQ

...and some people change their car before an MOT is due in case it fails!

Reply to
John

Err no, VW renamed the Golf to the Rabbit for the USA. It was never sold as the Rabbit in Germany. The name also has nothing to do with the pastime of golf.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Pretty sure I saw a few VW Rabbits in France many years ago. Maybe they were imported from the US.

Reply to
Mark

LG arrived today - pretty speedy from Electrocentre in Birmingham and a goood price (simdgen under =A3300).

Wow, this thing is _quiet_! It's quieter on 1200 spin than the old machine was when washing. Almost no vibration either (tiled floor on concrete).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mark saying something like:

At least the badges were (or supplied via friendly partsman in Europe).

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes, that seems to be the more likely explanation. The "Rabbit Injection" badges were widely available across Europe at one time.

Reply to
Steve Firth