New bath and shower.

Hi All

I'm fitting a new bath (standard 1.7m with a straight end (tap end) and a sloped end) and shower and have a little question. If I fit the bath with the tap end against the brick wall, then after the cupboards have been fitted it will be tricky to gain access to the taps for any maintenance. So I thought I could swap the bath around and have the 'shallow' end against the brick wall and the tap end against our 'cardboard' wall (stramit : flipin' straw init?). But I'd still like to have the shower fixed to the brick wall as it is far far stronger. So, do people actually do this, have the shower mounted above the shallow end? Thanks for any comments.

Reply to
Graeme

My shower is installed on a 'cardboard' wall, although not the tap end of the bath. This made the plumbing very easy - I just pushed the copper pipes down from the loft into the cavity. I then pushed a length of 2" x 1" down between the pipes. The shower was then fitted by screwing through into the wood.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

As long as the shower doesn't leak on to the floor when you use it, you can have it anywhere along the bath.

Reply to
BigWallop

I prefer to have a shower over the shallow end as the water flows away from you which tends to leave the bath cleaner.

The only thing to look out for is that there may not be a large enough level area in which to stand

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

It was the level standing area that was my prime concern.

Thanks to all for the other points mentioned.

Reply to
Graeme

My cardboard wall doesn't have a proper cavity. It only has a few vertical tubes every foot or so to take wires. The rest of the space is packed with straw. I could insert a short horizontal block of wood into this wall, screwed into some dowels fed vertically in these tubes. Or, just screw the shower to the brick wall. Hmm, decisions, decisions. Thanks.

Reply to
Graeme

On Fri, 14 May 2004 09:27:50 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Graeme" strung together this:

What are you likely to be doing with the shower that needs it to be extremely solidly bolted to a solid wall?

Reply to
Lurch

"Graeme" wrote | So, do people actually do this, have the shower mounted above | the shallow end?

Some baths have a dimpled area at the plughole end for standing in (non-slip) and a smooth area at the other end (for sitting on).

Might be slippy using the shallow end for showering.

Owain

Reply to
Owain