Neff oven cooling fan replacement

One of the cooling fans in my Neff U1661N1GB/09 oven is very noisy. It seems that the part number is 140210 ... £143 from espares, £125 from neff-eshop.com and £27 from spares4appliances.co.uk.

Has anyone who has replaced a cooling fan got any recommendations?

Reply to
unknown

A drop of light oil on the sintered bearings now and then has kept my Creda cooling fan running nicely since 1985

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bought a fan for an Indesit - there were loads of the same type at around t he same price - but it didn't fit as the shaft was too long. The genuine pa rt was 5 times as much (and the cheapie seemed to be exactly the same motor etc, just the shaft length was wrong). So see if the cheapie fits (normally an easy job once you have the oven out )and if it does, result!

John

Reply to
JohnW

If it has a 6mm shaft, I can prolly repair it

Reply to
geoff

Thanks for the offer but I've just had it all apart and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with either fan - when powered-up they run fine so my guess now is that the noise was being caused by a loose screw. All screws now tightened and waiting for the the next cook session.

Reply to
unknown