Neff oven timer problem

I have a Neff hot-air oven that has been working fine for 6 years, except for the digital timer, which has started playing up. This unit enables me to set length of time for cooking, and start/finish times, aswell as beng a digital clock. It's now hard to set the timing correctly, which requires me to press a button and turn a knob, as the display jumps almost randomly as I turn the knob. Once set, however, it counts the time correctly. Can anyone suggest if this is a part that I can get and replace myself, or is it an expensive call-out job? (And no, it's not under warranty)

Reply to
CharlieR

I can't answer your point directly .... but I hope this helps ... I too have a Neff oven similar to yours and was able to purchase a replacement element from a 'Parts shop'. The outfit stocked lots of parts for most(?) manufacturers' appliances. I walked into the shop and the 'bloke' pulled out a 'Mechanical' exploded parts diagram of the appliance which enabled me to both identify the part (number) required and the 'how to get it out' path to dismantling. { remantling, as Haynes' says is the reverse of dismantling ). The shop assistant although _very helpful and knowledgeable_ were forbidden to show me any wiring diagram. ['case yer elektikute yerself; we can't be liable. Guv!]

I found the shop advertised in the 'yellow pages' amongst the 'Domestic Appliance Repairs' section.

I walked in with 'a problem' and after asking, politely, 'Can you help me?' ... walked out with the correct part.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

It sounds like the what I think is a shaft encoder (produces pulses when rotated in either direction) is faulty or the pulses aren't being read. I've got a Neff oven and microwave that uses the same system - but they're both new and I haven't had need to see how they are constructed, and hopefully for a long time yet which is why I bought them rather than Baumatic. ;-)

All I can guess is that you strip it down and check for dry soldered joints etc on the PCB. If the shaft encoder is a generic type you could replace from the likes of RS components. But they are generally very reliable so I'd look for a PCB problem first - as I said likely a dry joint or two.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
“You can only change the clock when no other clock function is active”. You need to delete all other clock functions which is what I seem to be having troubles with. Can I just reset the entire oven?
Reply to
ted

But you did, the benefits of starting a new thread are many and varied, particularly on a completely broken interface like the on in Home owners club. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa