Need Help with Sealing my Bath Please

My bath has been installed square but my walls are well out. The batten has been packed out at angles so the bath is square. So now I've a narrow gap along the short side (it's a slipper style bath with a shower over this end), a gap of around 2" on the long side and around 2"-3" at the tap end. I've tried tiling with mosaics, flexi seal strip, plastic coving shaped bath seal and currently quadrant which although was treated and supposed to be waterproof really isn't.

I've read a couple of replies on other sites to similar issues although no-one has gaps as big as mine which have suggested expanding foam to seal and then finish with a tile border or similar then silicone.

My DIY skills aren't that hot although I'll try anything and if anyone can come up with a good idea I could get a builder/plumber in to do the job if it's beyond me.

Any help would be fantastic - Thanks in advance

RosieDozy

Reply to
rosena81

I had a similar problem with my previous bath as the two walls were not square .I ended up buying a broad plastic trim from Homebase ..It might have been Trend/Trent make and I think it was intended for puting above an area of ceramic tiles .It was made of very heavy plastic . I glued it to the walls/bath with slicone and made a mitre where the two lengths met using a compound electric mitre saw and it worked perfectly well for several years until I replaced the bath having reboarded the walls properly .

Reply to
Stuart B

I'd use dot and dab plasterboard or aquapanel to bring the walls out. It will give you board edges to deal with, but the tiles will look right, and there won't be any leaks. Especially with a shower, trying to plug the gap is risky.

Reply to
Stuart Noble