Quadrant tiles around bath

I need to replace ceramic quadrant tiles around an old cast-iron bath.

I plan to seal the gap between the side of the bath and the wall with flexible silicone sealant. I have read that the bath should be at least half full of water when I do this so that the weight of a person will not separate the bond after the silicone has dried.

What I would like to know is should the bath also be half filled with water when I install the quadrant tiles?

Also, is there anything else I should watch out for when installing these tiles? I've read the instructions from the retailer but they don't tell me very much.

They have included a small tube of silicone sealant. If this runs out could I use Wickes Kitchen and Bathroom Sealant instead?

Reply to
Wesley

I don't think this applies to a cast iron bath

Reply to
stuart noble

Not unless the floor moves ! Simon.

Reply to