Fast fit stop fittings for 15mm copper pipe?

We had a mains pipe leak last year, the Water Board couldnt find the stop tap in the street, so had to cut through the pipe running along the house to fit a new stop tap. I watched them do it, and it was all done remarkably quickly with not a great deal of spillage - pipe cutter on, slowly cut through, once it was about through, with some water leaking, he went a lot quicker, broke the cut, and rammed a plastic quick-fit stop tap on the pipe.

I've since been looking for one of these quick fit stop taps without luck - 20mm plastic versions are plentiful, but one for a half inch or

15mm copper pipe have been elusive so far.

Anyone know where to get them from? Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

This is a close to what your after I could find on the internet, although we keep spare push fits for emergencies, normally just end caps - we buy ours from our local building and plumbers merchants, they are more expensive than copper solder fittings but are worth it just for the ease of use. Hope this helps

rosena81

What's inside - is it just a quarter turn ball valve? What's the bore size when it's open?

[They claim to be suitable for CH systems - but I'm wondering what sort of flow restriction they impose]
Reply to
Roger Mills